From our friends at Free FM in Hamilton
A show about animal welfare and rights, produced by Sandra Kyle who hosts the show, together with regular presenters Lynley Tulloch, Paul Judge and Sarah Oliver.
Using music, news updates, guests, panel debates and discussions, Sandra plans to cover animal welfare and rights and plant-based diet recipes and other issues related to our use of animals, including the environmental impacts of farming. Safe & Sound covers such topics as factory farming, dairy farming, animals and the law, duck shooting, using animals in sports and in entertainment such as horse and greyhound racing and rodeos, using animals in experiments, fish farming, chained dogs, puppy mills, breeding animals, using euthanasia as a last resort, keeping birds as pets, how ‘pests’ are dealt with in New Zealand – and much more.
On the show’s name SAFE refers to advocating for animals to keep them free from harm and also refers to our support of the organisation SAFE (Save Animals from Exploitation). SOUND refers to using the airways to discuss animal issues and animal rights, and also to another meaning of the word sound, which is to be true and rigorous.
Join Ashley from ‘Ashley & the Riot’ for talk and information about how you can make a difference in your community. Hear from local community groups, guest speakers, and students, as they talk about the topics that matter to young people in Dunedin.
- Project Rioteer on Youth Zone – 09-02-20182 weeks ago
- Project Rioteer on Youth Zone – 26-01-2018 – Ryan Jones4 weeks ago
- Project Rioteer on Youth Zone – 29-12-2017 – School Subjects with Tom2 months ago
- Project Rioteer on Youth Zone – 15-12-2017 – Performing Arts – Perry Spicer2 months ago
- Project Rioteer on Youth Zone – 17-11-2017 – Salvation Army Dunedin3 months ago
- Project Rioteer on Youth Zone – 03-11-20174 months ago
- Project Rioteer on Youth Zone – 20-10-2017 – Youth Employment Success4 months ago
- Project Rioteer on Youth Zone – 06-10-2017 – Holiday Banter5 months ago
- Project Rioteer on Youth Zone – 22-09-2017 – Otago Youth Wellness Trust – Ruth and Hayley5 months ago
- Project Rioteer on Youth Zone – 08-09-2017 – Opportunities and Services for Youth in Dunedin6 months ago
Scott Willis, Dave Cull, Andrew Tait and Chris Cameron have an informal, round the table, discussion about Climate Change adaptation in Dunedin.
‘Creative Connections’ – presentations from Dunedin UNESCO City of Literature’s ‘Creative Cities Southern Hui’, sponsored by the New Zealand National Commission for UNESCO and in partnership with University of Otago’s Centre for the Book.
Held in Ōtepoti Dunedin between November 28th and December 2nd 2017, the free hui hosted many fruitful conversations across the arts as local and global creative minds met to share and collaborate.
The City of Literature’s ‘Creative Connections’ programme explored creativity as the touchstone of healthy, sustainable communities, and celebrated the power of collaboration to inspire.
Local and international guest speakers from a range of backgrounds and creative fields gathered at the Dunedin Public Art Gallery Auditorium for an invigorating, inspiring day of presentations.
In this series, we share those presentations with you, introduced by Master of Ceremonies Victor Billot from Otago University Press.
On Heritage Matters, members of Southern Heritage Trust take a look at what makes Dunedin the nation’s heritage capital.
Veteran broadcasters Dougal Stevenson and Bill Southworth join Jane Edwards, Ann Barsby, Keith Scott and Ann Barrowclough to explore the wonderful stock of historic buildings, and stories of early European settlement, Maori life in past centuries and tales of gold.
A new episode airs every second Monday at mid-day, with replays on Sundays at 7pm.
Heritage Matters is supported by the Centre for Research on Colonial Culture at the University of Otago.
The OARsome Morning Show – with Jeff, weekdays 9am-10am.
An hour of timely tips, topical interviews and terrific music, keeping you up to date with what’s on around Dunedin and Otago.
And if your community group or organisation has something special coming up, Jeff welcomes your input.
Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the station on (03) 471 6161.
Health is much more than what you do alone as an individual – it’s about your family, environment and wider social networks.
Join Rebecca and Sophie, from the WellSouth health promotion team.
They’ll help you access reliable, evidence-based self-help information so that the healthier choice is the easier choice.
Listen Yourself Well airs Monday at 11:30am, also broadcast on Radio Southland
- Listen Yourself Well – 19-02-2018 – Grief – Janine Winters4 days ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 12-02-2018 – Relationships – Clare Greensmith2 weeks ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 05-02-2018 – Mindfulness – Liz Maluschnig3 weeks ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 29-01-2018 – Anxiety – Graeme Pringle4 weeks ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 22-01-2018 – Alcohol – Scott Blair and Tanya Phillips1 month ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 15-01-2016 – Breastfeeding Over the Holidays – Denise Ives and Bushie Calvert run the local BreastRoom in Dunedin1 month ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 08-01-2018 – Healthy Eating – WellSouth Dietitian – Amy Lowry2 months ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 01-01-2018 – Post-Christmas Exercise – Chanel Pienaar – Getting Dunedin Active and Green Prescription Advisor at Sport Otago2 months ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 25-12-2017 – Episode 08 – Taking the Stress Out of Christmas – Monique Lammers, part of WellSouth’s Brief Intervention Team2 months ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 18-12-2017 – Episode 07 – Heart Disease – Joanne Arther – Heart Foundation Heart Health Advocate2 months ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 11-12-2017 – Episode 06 – Stroke – Judith Hyslop2 months ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 04-12-2017 – Episode 05 – Infant Safety – Cathrine Meek, Clinical Nurse Consultant from Plunket3 months ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 27-11-2017 – Episode 04 – Men’s health – Lindsay Wright3 months ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 20-11-2017 – Episode 03 – Diabetes3 months ago
- Listen Yourself Well – 13-11-2017 – Episode 02 – Chronic conditions and diabetes3 months ago
B2M Business Insights, with your host Simon Fawkes, is the podcast for business owners and managers who are open to new ideas and who are willing to embrace change. Through tips on strategy, marketing and social media, we’ll stimulate fresh ideas for your business and help you make the right decisions about growing your business and reaching your markets.
The business world is changing at an ever increasing pace and companies that do not recognise and respond to change are likely to face extinction. Too often people in business cling to old ways of working and rely on what they call “common sense”, which can be little more than some empty clichés.
Traditional forms of business planning are no longer effective and may even be harmful to your business. Business owners and boards of directors who are stuck in the past are the ones most likely to be swamped by the next wave.
Simon Fawkes believes in thinking differently and challenging perceived ideas and ways of working. Find out more by visiting b2m.co.nz.